on Thursday, April 10, 2003


my fish is trying to pick the food up off the bottom of the tank from where she dropped it earlier today. it's funny. and exciting.

listening to::
Switchfoot, Learning to Breath ... "I'm learning to breathe/ I'm learning to crawl/ I'm finding that You and You alone/ Can break my fall/ I'm living again/ Awake and Alive/ I'm dying to breathe/ in these abundant skies" Switchfoot is a so so very good band. mmm...yay.

and now::
i can't work today. i really cant. it's so beeeeautiful outside. break starts tomorrow. i'm going to Texas. i get to eat the best Mexican food ever this weekend. i just don't want to do any work.

ARGH!! WHY INFERNAL MATHEMATICA??? WHY MUST YOU BE DUE TOMORROW???

on a lighter note:: i've decided that i like the start up sound for Mathematica. i love making it start up 5 or 6 times before i actually start working, because it's fun to hear all the groans of people on the hall that know that sound. hehe.

more fire stories::
--today at dinner--
i am reminded by Dave and Jordan that this is a huge paraphrase of the conversation. well, that's too bad, isn't it. Jordan: "We need a pink cat."
Dave: "No, we just need any cat that we can spraypaint.
Jordan: "That would be all fun until I spraypainted it and then set it on fire."
Everybody: "Wha?"
Jordan: "No, really, one of my excess girlfriends..."
JoelB: "You had excess girlfriends?"
Jordan: "No. I said EX-EX girlfriends."
Everyone *very confused* "uhh...okay."
Jordan: "Anyway, my ex-ex-girlfriend knew somebody that spraypainted a cat and set it on fire. She was weird. She also had homosexual cats."
Everyone: " ... "
Jordan: "So, ... let's talk about something else."

--later at the Chef's Corner--
JoelThomas: "i caught my shirt on fire today."
me: "what for why did you do that, roomie?"
JoelThomas: "i just got to close to the grill."
me: "ooooooooooooohhhhhh...neato... ...welp...bye."

--from my DeadAIM log again--

MStwirler (10:44:24 AM): Hey...guess what...my hair dryer just caught on fire
MStwirler (10:44:31 AM): add that to your profile
gstreet4life (10:45:26 AM): oh man..i would, but it won't fit
MStwirler (10:45:36 AM): ummm..delete something else
gstreet4life (10:45:36 AM): how did it catch on fire?
MStwirler (10:45:50 AM): it just started smoking and then there were flames on the inside
MStwirler (10:45:56 AM): and it wouldn't shut off
gstreet4life (10:46:01 AM): wow
MStwirler (10:46:14 AM): it was pretty intense
gstreet4life (10:46:17 AM): oh man
MStwirler (10:46:32 AM): well i have to go...just thought i'd tell you another fire story
gstreet4life (10:47:39 AM): thanks
Auto response from MStwirler (10:47:39 AM): I caught on fire in physics lab on Tuesday...my hair dryer just caught on fire...what's up with me and fire lately?!?!?!

question::
what's the best thing i've heard all week?
answer::
Karl Rove, when speaking yesterday, was talking about September 14th. he said that he was with the president visiting Ground Zero in NYC, and he looked over and saw "strangest bunch of religious leaders standing over there. They were all waving American flags. There was the Episcopal with his purple thing on, and the devout Jew wearing his funny little hat..."

posted by Unknown @ 7:17 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home