on Friday, December 12, 2003


...i dunno...su'um.

listening to::
Joel's music coming from my room.  i refused to go into my room after class because he's listening to Bob Dylan.

just kidding, Joel.  at least good 'ol Bob was a good songwriter.  it's not his fault he can't sing.

lyrics for the day::
from "The Emptiest Day" by Caedmon's Call:
    "They say You live in hospitals and trenches
    And towers in the sky
    And I'm not dying or fighting any wars
    Except on the inside

    The only thing I need is a void that You can fill
    And I jump ship and run even further in Your will"

Here's what Joshua Moore, the songwriter says about this song:
    "They say that desperation is a college education. In my case, it seems that I’m working on my master’s degree. There have been many instances when emptiness or 'emotional sedation' is worse than actual distress. In these times, nothing makes more sense than to acknowledge that I am loved and am empowered and compelled to love because of Christ. This is just as much a part of the gospel as is my salvation."

and now::

so much to do...finals start next week.  i just looked up my finals schedule today...now i know the order that i need to study in... i don't really think that any of them will be easy, and Old Testament will probably be the most difficult.  ah well.

other than studying, we have the ADEL Christmas party tonight at the Knecktal's house.  i hope Bill shows up, because i haven't seen him since he graduated last year.  we're supposed to invite rushes that we think might be serious, so i'm going to invite a couple of freshmen that i like.  it'll be fun, and my secret Santa gift is awesome sauce.  i can't wait to give it to....oh wait, i'm not supposed to say who my recipient is...ah well.

then there's our Bible study group's Christmas party, which may end up being either Saturday or Sunday night.  Neuch, Buddy, and i are trying to work that out to include "Christmas concert" where basically we pick up Jenna Powell on piano, Buddy switches to acoustic guitar, and we play make some Christmas songs rock.  we practiced on Monday night and it was sweetaction fun times...especially when Jenna used the 'doo-wop' voice to play "Oh Holy Night."  oh man.

follow up::
i forgot the best part about my conversation with my dad.  in explaining the our new computer's features to me, he says, "yeah, and it's got that highway su'um technology."  "do you mean hyper-threading technology?" i ask  "yeah, that stuff."  which reminds me...last year we were all sitting in Jaybee and Scooters' room listening to Terpstra talk about crazy computers.  he was trying to explain to everybody what hyper-threading was (basically it lets one processor to two separate tasks at the same time instead of switching really fast between them) and as he spoke he became more and more excited.  suddenly an epiphany came to him.  he gasped, and said, "if we had 4 of them, we could do 8 processes and then we'd be...............................UNSTOPPABLE!!!"  oh man, good times, good times.

back to my point: it turns out that my dad got a totally sweet (like ninjas) computer.  i'm very proud of him.  it's a HP Pavilion a350n desktop with a Pentium 4 2.8GHz, 512MB of  DDR SDRAM (expandable to 2GB), 160GB 7200rpm Ultra DMA hard drive, 64MB DDR nVidia GeForce 4 MX 440AGP 8x graphics card, and a DVD burner.  how exciting.  i talked to my brother on the phone and he was very excited that i am bringing some awesome computer games home to play.  it's all very exciting because we've never had a computer at home that one could play any kind of game more advanced than minesweeper.  i mean...umm..not that i'm saying that minesweeper isn't a sweet action game, but ..umm..........w00t.

in other news::
Video Game to Lose Dialogue About Haitians"The manufacturer of a video game that has been harshly criticized for its portrayal of Haitians has agreed to remove dialogue that encouraged players to "kill all Haitians."  Read that article about Grand Theft Auto: Vice City...  is it a bad thing that reading that article makes me laugh a lot?  if i think it's funny that the game says something as ridiculous as: "Kill All Haitians!," that doesn't make me sadistic, does it?


the funny (= peculiar) thing is that MWA told me they don't read my blog. oh well, sucks for you.

posted by Unknown @ 11:17 AM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home