on Tuesday, September 16, 2003


copy/pasted directly from dictionary.com::
mel·an·chol·y  (mln-kl)
n.
  1. Sadness or depression of the spirits; gloom: “There is melancholy in the wind and sorrow in the grass” (Charles Kuralt).
  2. Pensive reflection or contemplation.
  3. Archaic.
    1. Black bile.
    2. An emotional state characterized by sullenness and outbreaks of violent anger, believed to arise from black bile.

adj.

  1. Affected with or marked by depression of the spirits; sad. See Synonyms at sad.
  2. Tending to promote sadness or gloom: a letter with some melancholy news.
  3. Pensive; thoughtful.
okay. sorry for that last post. i dunno. i was just in a weird mood.

i didn't even use those lyrics correctly. that Caedmon's song is about something totally different. but those were the only ones in my head at the time. maybe some more appropriate lyrics would be from Don't Be There by Switchfoot::
"Don't be there
'Cause I'm on my way
And I'm already gone over
And I'm on my way
And I can't recall myself
How I went down
Did I get shot
Or shoot myself

I'm down here
And you're way up there
But that doesn't hurt badly
Bit it stings right here
And I won't pretend there's
Nothing there
You be around and I'll be square"
actually, things ARE different, but they are still good this year. i love living on the frat hall. even though it's different, it's cool. i love my classes--i love the fact that i actually like to study this year. i love midnight runs down to Krispee Kreme in Cranberry. i like my Texas (aka my suite). i really like San Antonio (aka my room), and i absolutely love The Alamo (aka my desk/fort area). and i definitely love that kid sitting on the other side of my desk (aka my roomate). he's awesome.

posted by Unknown @ 11:08 AM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home