on Thursday, August 14, 2003


he never should have let me
ride his bike. oh man.

oh man oh man oh man::
alright, so i'm at Jared's house. he knows i'm interested in getting a bike. he knows i've had prior experience on dirtbikes and junk, but not too much on the street other than riding with my dad. first, he takes me out on his bike (2003 Kawasaki Ninja 500R) for a spin. he doesn't really hit it until we get way on the back roads, then it's major fun. we go back, he asks me if i wanna try. we make sure i remember how to do stuff, then he lets me ride up and down his drive. it takes me about 5 seconds to get used to it, and then i'm off. oh man, that thing is quick. it goes like stink. if you know how long Galloway Run is, well, i got it up to 80mph and back down to 0 in less then 3/4 of the road. and i wasn't pushing it at all. i was afraid of wheelie-ing, since i hadn't ever rode a sportbike before, so i never got it above 4000rpm.......and the redline is 10,500rpm i think. wow. now, i have to have one. i've decided. j-Funk and i are now constantly ogling over morotcycle websites and auctions and the brochures he picked up from Talbot Lawn and Cycle. mmm...i'll have to go in there tomorrow.

both he and his dad told me i should get a 600 at least, because they have tons more horsepower and weight less with the same size frame, so they would be better. but that's sort of scary to me. i mean, i have only rode dirtbikes and mini bikes for a long time, and i think i could have tons of fun on just a 500. i don't wanna go too big and hurt myself or lay the bike down or something. anyway, they say that everybody just buys the 500s as starter bikes and then they get tired of them. j-Funk is looking into getting probably a Honda 600 or 900 by the end of next year. he said that if i get my motorcycle license, he'll let me borrow his bike while i'm learning. oh man. i want to take the test tomorrow. hehe...he says i could probably pass it. oh man, i wish i had the money to buy a bike.

posted by Unknown @ 1:08 AM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home