on Tuesday, March 01, 2005


i promise this is not backdated
i really wrote it on March 01 ...mostly.

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!
so it turns out that I started this blog two years ago today. pretty crazy, especially since I haven't really seriously posted in nearly a year. well, that's all going to change, see? I was really bored over break, so I sat down and read some of my archived posts. they're funny, and life was different Freshman year. also, I remembered how ...sort of...regenerating... posting was. I missed it, and also, I realized that Jordan and I both started our blogs during Spring Break Freshman year because we were both stuck at school and bored. And so I thought it was funny when almost exaclty two years later I was again stuck at school and re-reading my blog on almost exactly the two-year anniversary. but mostly, looking back, I missed this, and really, I guess, that's why I'm recommitting to blogging.

so, then, here we go:

listening to:
Mothersbaugh's Canon by Mark Mothersbaugh, from the Royal Tenenbaums OST

it was a busy day today
i made a rather cryptic schedule for today. here's what it looked like...
0000-0330 secure
0330-0745 zzz
0800-0915 also zzz, but in class
0930-1000 Alex in X's house
1000-1030 nix the fast
1030-1130 call call call
1130-1300 Earl the Bomber
1300-1430 seek and ye shall find
1430-1545 brave the snow
1545-1600 pick up the pieces
1600-1730 Huxley + Frosty
1730-1800 dine
1800-2030 nada mas
2030-2200 a del ficus
2200-2300 closed, but not sleepy
2300-0100 Finnish Bjorg???
0100-0900 zzz for real !!!
and I don't care you if you know what any of that means. ha.

impulse buying:
so, for some reason yesterday I decided to buy a backpacking stove. so Jordan finally made an effort to replace JustinBarry's headlamp. We lost it when we were camping on the Appalatian Trail during Fall Break--that was more than 4 months ago. ...well, there was that other time that we tried to replace it. over Christmas break, I bought one, not knowing if Jordan had already replaced it. when I got back after Christmas, Justin came over to pick it up and visit, because it was the day he was moving from his apartment here to his new home in Philly. I remember showing the headlamp to Justin, then tossing it onto the couch while we were talking, but in the end, somehow, Justin didn't leave with his new light. ...but we didn't know that. he called up a few days later and said that we could just give it to his fiance, because she is still working in Admissions for GCC... but the lamp was nowhere to be found. Jordan didn't remember me leaving it on our couch, and we tore the room apart looking for it, but to no avail.

fastfoward 3 months...yesterday Jordan finally started trying to purchase a replacement on his own. he was trying to use my REI membership number so that we could get 20% off the price, but it wouldn't work with his credit card, so in the end I had to place the order. ...and I figured, since I'm already paying for shipping, and there's this 20% off deal, I might as well pick up a couple of other items...

at any rate, it's a cool little stove. MSR Pocket Rocket Stove. i mean, i'll definitely use it at some point, and probably definitely a lot in Yellowstone this summer

speaking of Yellowstone this summer...
it turns out that i'm working in Yellowstone National Park all summer. pretty awesome, eh? i'll be working with A Christian Ministry in the National Parks and Xanterra Parks and Resorts. Probably just washing dishes in a restaurant or carrying bags in a resort, but it'll just be awesome to be in Wyoming.

I can't wait. Neither can Matt Farrelly.

posted by Unknown @ 11:10 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home