on Friday, March 05, 2004





I was looking out the window for long time today. After a while, my roommate came out of the library. I watched him walk across the lawn until he got into range, then I threw a spoon at him. He picked it up, came upstairs and then threw it and hit me in the butt. I just kept looking out the window.



Later, I was looking out the window and Scooter came walking by. I banged the spoon on the window sill until he looked up. Then I threw the spoon at him. He looked at me some more, then bent over and picked up the spoon. He walked a little further, then he stopped, and looked at me again.

He said, "Do you just sit there all the time?"
I replied, "...a lot of the time, yes."

He looked at me like I was wearing a funny mask at a wedding reception (but not the kind one might wear to a wedding reception). Either that or he looked at me like I had just thrown a spoon out a 3rd-story window at him--sometimes I can't tell which.

I tried to defend myself, "It's nice out." ...hmm...well, that wasn't what I wanted to say.
He smirked. "Oh, I know."
More defensively this time: "It's a good view."
again: "Oh, I know."
Trying to reason with him: "There's a lot of things to see."
still: "Oh, I know."
...a silence passed.
He held up the spoon. "Well, I'm going to keep this."
I replied, showing my resignation, "Fine. Allan threw it at me the other day." I pointed to the next room over.

He nodded and began to walk, but still was looking at me. I tried to shut the window, but I turned the handle the wrong way, and it just opened farther. He laughed, and I decided to forgo the closing of the findow and just left the window for the first time in about an hour.



by the way: my favorite part of that conversation in the last post was when Matt said "there is definitely potential in this band"
I'm glad somebody other than the Neuch thinks so. ...just kidding, Neuch, I think so too.

posted by Unknown @ 1:29 AM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home