on Saturday, January 31, 2004


i found this pretty interesting:
so i was searching for lyrics by The Decembrists, and I found something that sort of made me laugh...[Google Search: decembrists lyrics]
Searched the web for decembrists lyrics Results 1 - 10 of about 438. Search took 0.27 seconds.

Amazon.com: Music: Her Majesty the Decemberists
www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/ detail/-/B0000BWVMJ?v=glance - Similar pages

E6 Townhall
... can see how people compare them to NMH, with similar cryptic lyrics and a ... Originally
posted by GrossDaddy57 In any event, The Decembrists are playing a Chicago ...
www.e6townhall.com/viewthread.php?tid=611&page=2 - 62k - Cached - Similar pages

bob's beat
... The Decembrists is a unique little number out of Portland that seems like a ... from a
revolutionary movement in Russia from the 1800s, and their lyrics are mostly ...
web.grinnell.edu/sandb/archives/ volume120/08/arts/article2.html - 5k - Cached - Similar pages

for no apparent reason: Unequivocally Ambiguous
... buried here with my marienettes. Unfortunately, they are not in fact
my lyrics, but The Decembrists' lyrics. "Here I Dreamt I Was ...
302a.blogspot.com/ - 74k - Jan 29, 2004 - Cached - Similar pages

 
I guess it turns out that most people spell their name like "Decemberists" instead of how I usually say "Decembrists", which, to me, just seems more correct. I don't really know if it is more correct, but I don't really care to research around and figure it out. plus, *BONUS*: I like searching on Google and finding myself in the top 3... Anyways, I'm pretty sure that all-music.com spells it my way, so HA! TAKE THAT CORPORATE AMERICA!! um...yeah, or something.

and now, for something completely different:
Okay, so the other day I was looking for Joel and I went into Jordan and Dave's room, and Dave was getting dressed. I asked Jordan if he knew where Joel was and he replied, "Well, if by Joel you mean 'Joel Terpstra', then yes." That was definitely more funny if you were there, I promise, but hey, I bet you read it anyway. You lose. Then when I went back to my room, we had the following conversation...hmm... or maybe you could say we had these conversations concurrently:
BikerJew3 (11:31:33 PM): to find joel
gstreet4life (11:31:35 PM): i came in to tell you something
BikerJew3 (11:31:35 PM): you must think like joel
gstreet4life (11:31:43 PM): but i forget who it was
BikerJew3 (11:31:49 PM): for example:
gstreet4life (11:31:58 PM): because i terpstra said something to me
BikerJew3 (11:32:04 PM): wow, jenna powell is really hot
gstreet4life (11:32:11 PM): and that made me want to stand on your chair
BikerJew3 (11:32:12 PM): aha! ketler rec!
gstreet4life (11:32:38 PM): which, of course, forced out of my brain all memory of things i want to say to you.
BikerJew3 (11:32:47 PM): just tell me
gstreet4life (11:33:41 PM): oh, don't you worry, i'm efforting my way to re-memories
BikerJew3 (11:34:07 PM): effort has never been a verb
gstreet4life (11:35:25 PM): that's what you rather couchly think.
BikerJew3 (11:36:02 PM): i think it's perfectly cromulent
gstreet4life (11:36:06 PM): i've had enough of your "verbiage versus noun-eries" sensicality.
BikerJew3 (11:36:21 PM): hey hey
BikerJew3 (11:36:29 PM): a noble spirit embiggens the smallest man
gstreet4life (11:36:36 PM): hmm
gstreet4life (11:36:39 PM): you're right.
gstreet4life (11:36:49 PM): you win.
gstreet4life (11:36:51 PM): goodnight
BikerJew3 (11:51:52 PM): goodnight
ooh, my turn!
Okay, so Jordan has this on his blog post for today, so I did it too. You should also.

create your own visited states map or write about it on the open travel guide

I sure have been to a heck of a lot of states...my family travels a lot and relocates periodically, I guess. But I guess I haven't been out of America too much--only Canadia and Mexico, and I haven't been too far into either. I suppose I'm one of those people that would rather not travel the world until I'm done travelling America. There's so much great stuff here to see, especially out west, and I haven't got a chance to do all that yet. Why would I ever want to go to Europe or anywhere else? ...well, I guess I would love to tour around Europe and see the old architecture and such. In fact, I'd love to go on the "Reformation Tour" that Dr. Shaefer is leading next year. That would be totally awesome. Too bad that I'm totally broke. oh well, I'll stick to America still.

I think it's time we brought this out to the blog...
Would you rather be David Bowie or David Hasselhoff? [Leave an answer in the Comments]

posted by Unknown @ 1:36 AM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home