on Friday, November 21, 2003


whoah.

i just had a scary experience.

today i'm driving Littell and and Henry down to Pittsburgh...to take Henry to the airport and to spend the night and leave my car at Littell's house so he can take me to the airport tomorrow morning. my first two classes were cancelled this morning. i slept until 10:30am and it was awesome... then i lazily got up, piddled around here and went to lunch at about 11:45 (after waiting FORVER for Joel to get done with what he was doing, then giving up on him and running to Hicks so i could eat before my noon class). Russian History was great today. we watched a History Channel movie and Jordan and i browed the internet. as stated in my last post, we found out why David Hasselhoff is the AntiChrist, which turned out to be far more humorous than i could have guessed. after class i talked to people that are already leaving for home and after a little while Joel and i decided to toss the frisbee around for a bit, seeing as we haven't done that in a while and it's a beautiful (my desktop weather channel icon says it's 59degrees and fair) day outside. so we threw it around for a while and then i had to rush off to class. i picked up my bag and sandals from where i had left them outside and ran to class. class was interesting. Dr. Ayers starting lecturing about the sociology of religion. of course, i had to be doing something else at the same time as listening, so today i chose playing with Photoshop. i haven't really had much time to figure stuff out on it since i got it, but it's super easy to make cool desktops and banners (one now resides at the top of this page) and i was very pleased with myself.

okay, so class is over and i'm walking down the stairs and i'm deciding where to go next. i'm not in a rush to do anything, since i'm not leaving for Pittsburgh for another 3 hours. i decide to go to the Gee to get some freewater and check my mail for the last time before break. instinctively i pat my side where my keys usually hang and i realize they're not there. i check my other pockets and they're nowhere to be found. "hmm...that's weird," i think, and assume that they're in my backpack. i go to get freewater and then search for my keys in my backpack, but they're not there either. i try to remember when i last saw them and then i comes to me: i threw them on the ground a few feet from my stuff when i was playing frisbee. i get real worried and then i jog back and find them on the ground. i go to my room and Littell walks in and asks when i want to leave and i say, "i dunno" and then he walks back out. the end.

okay, that was supposed to be the scary part. it was only scary, i guess, because i got that feeling: the feeling i get when i know i've lost something important. then i started going through my head about how many people were walking through that area and could have either taken them out of ill intentions or good ones. if they took them out of ill intentions, that would have probably been worse, but it might have been nearly equally vile for someone to take them out of the good intention of bringing them to the lost and found. i think that would have been nearly equally vile because i've never had any positive encounters with the lost and found. in that last sentance, by "positive encounters", i meant that i've never actually found anything that i had lost. i thought once that i should call it the "(Bryan) lost and (somebody else) found". i was afraid that either i wouldn't find my keys there or they would just be closed for the weekend when i got there or something else like that which would prevent me from being able to leave on time, thus throwing off Henry's flight and my disrupting my entire state of mind for the next week and a half. BUT it turns out that my fears were dashed on the rocks much in the same way that my hopes of becoming an Air Force pilot were dashed on the rocks of poor eyesight. so, no need to fear. i AM going home today.

if you didn't know, this used to happen to me all the time. i've only become slightly less scatter-brained in my college experience, but still, i don't loose things all the time like i used to. i'm serious, in the world record for losing the most things in a year, i'm only second to my mother. that's obviously where i get it from. darn you, genetics. well, whatever. i don't lose stuff as much anymore.

anyways, i thought that was weird. i'm sure that ya'll are wishing you hadn't checked my blog today, but that's what you get: a bad story.

posted by Unknown @ 3:49 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home