on Friday, October 14, 2005


i've been sleeping so strange at night

if you hate the taste of wine / why do you drink it 'till you're blind? / and if you say there's no truth and who cares / how come you say it like you're right.
"we are nowhere, and it's now." -- bright eyes.


here again:
stuck here again for Fall Break. not that i really mind. i'm hoping to climb at the Mill a lot since I haven't had much time to do that recently. also, i'd like to get out and backpack near school and camp. or at least sleep in my new hammock.

speaking of grande openings:
Molly Goulden, Leigh McAfee, and I were the first people in line at the REI grand opening last Friday. actually we got there like 10 hours early because we snuck past the cops who were make sure nobody was loitering around and camped in some bushes behind the store. it was kind of a bummer because nobody else showed up until about 2 hours before it opened.

pinnacle of excellence
i went back with Eric to climb the pinnacle at today. it was ridiculous how quickly i got pumped. by the third route i was too tired to climb. i haven't climbed in about 3 weeks... that's no good.

i've been bouldering outside Lincoln dorm. my goal is to be able to make into my window on the 3rd floor by the end of the year. right now i'm working on traversing around the entire 1st floor without touching anything that's not brick. it's a nice challenge because there's a little ledge that runs the whole way around, but it's difficult because there are areas where for 5 or so meters, there are no handholds... anyways, i've decided. there's really no excuse for not bouldering at least an hour a day. i waste enough time and hardly ever get a work out. how lame.

Starting Over ...for the first time
my band, Starting Over, is playing our first paid gig this Saturday night at 7:30 outside Tower Church for a bonfire. consider yourself cordially invited.

...which may end up sucking, because we've had a terrible time getting our hands on sound equipment... but it's a free concert and food is provided, so why not come?

now time for more studying.
but first, more bright eyes:
there’s kids playing guns in the street / and one's pointing his tree branch at me / so I put my hands up I say “enough is enough, / if you walk away, I’ll walk away” / ...and he shot me dead.

posted by Unknown @ 2:36 AM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home